<

1.31.2006

We sell items of great evil


But it comes with a free Frogurt

Over the last two months I've been building a steady list of mp3 blogs, to the point that I now check about 35 a day. From these I get about five songs I like, so that by the end of the month I'm juggling upwards of 150 songs. All of this has prompted me to seriously consider investing in one of these babies.

Since some of you might also like music here's a list of my favourites, by which I mean the ones that most consistently post worthwhile music or are very well written...or both I suppose.

My Ex-Best Friend

This blog stole my band name idea (The Ex-Best Friends, or possibly simply Ex-Best Friend). Features the most songs per band per post of any blog. Tends to cover relative unknowns featuring jangly gitter.

Gorilla vs. Bear

Becoming a bit of a rock star on the blog circuit. Posts about pretty much everything with the possible exception of rap. Now hosting own podcast and concert series.

Said the Gramaphone

One of the best written blogs period. Featuring a writer from Edinburgh, Montreal, and some other place. Has regular guest blogger feature with a visual artist and a musician.

You Ain't No Picasso

Updates almost hourly. Another emerging rock star of a blogger. Friends with Bishop Allen. Buy Bishop Allen's EP for five bucks.

Songs: Illinois and Swedesplease

Both by the same guy, one devoted to Swedes.

The Prettiest Pony

Gave me a lot of MSTRKRFT remixes.

I Am Fuel, You Are Friends

I don't have anything to say about this site, but I have grabbed about 10 songs from him in a week.


More to come later in the week. Also - buy your Law Revue tickets.

2 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger heather said...

hi thomas. um, i am fuel you are friends is run by a girl, namely, me! there's few enough female bloggers as it is - give me a little credit! :)

 
At 8:56 PM, Blogger heather said...

but thanks for stopping by, and i hope you enjoy the music!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home