<

12.06.2006

Wayback Wednesday - Exam Edition

With my first exam in the first of four courses I know nothing about looming tomorrow, I thought I'd take a break from reading other people's CANs (thank you, generous law-folk) to post some music from the NOT SO DISTANT PAST that is near and dear to my heart.

The year is 1992. I won't post a picture of what I looked like, but let's just say it involved tight rolling my jeans.



ANYWAY - at the time I was playing this guessing game with a friend over what would be the next big hit single and I guessed this acappella version of Shai's "If I Ever Fall In Love Again," a song so ridiculously over the top in its sentiment (if man hooks up with woman again, woman will be a friend of his first), it makes Celine Dion look subtle.

Yet I love the song like an illegitimate child. Wait - like an illegitimate child who becomes an NBA star. Yeah. Like that.

Shai - If I Ever Fall In Love Again

Three years earlier the Fine Young Cannibals released this song. To this day I can't listen to it without remembering a certain grade eight Hallowe'en party where everyone thought I was Charlie Chaplin (I was the guy from A Clockwork Orange).

Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You're killing me... I am so happy the affordable digital camera did not exist back then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home