<

12.04.2004

The head is a terrible weight...

Seized by insanity, Lani and I went shopping today. It was, to put it mildly, a disastorous affair. It wasn't so much the crowds, or the endless Christmas music, or the new Gap policy of introducing yourself by name ("Hi. I'm Cindy. I stand at the front. If you need help with anything within a metre of me I'd be glad to help you!") that was so annoying. It was the conversations. The endlessly mundane, impossibly inane conversations.

Mother: Do you like the skirt?
Daughter: I don't know. It's just a skirt.
M: Well, will you wear it?
D: I don't know. I guess.
M: I think it's pretty.
D: (Rolls eyes) Whatever.

Girlfriend to boyfriend in parking lot:

You know what you can get me that isn't big but that I'll love and won't cost that much...?

The best moment was the store employee telling me she had my back when I was looking for a size for Lani. Good to know that in that tense situation, someone is watching out for me.



Nice to see Don Hertzfeldt will be hitting Vancouver with the Animation Show and his new film, and bringing himself and Mike Judge along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home