<

8.14.2005

All in...and your little dog too!


Not me.

One of these days I'm going to learn that when someone says "all in" I don't have to say, "Let's ride." I imagine this will be a long, hard-learned lesson..

Revolution in the Head has a bit torrent of an Elliott Smith cover album he compiled. Those not yet savvy with bit torrent--cough Ryan cough--can sample this cover of one of my favourite Beatles' songs.

Elliott Smith - For No One

Right now I'm trying to quickly finish A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which was number 1 on the list of books people are surprised to learn I haven't read. A typical conversation goes thusly:

Them: Kinda like Marvin the robot.

Me: Who?

Them: You don't know...haven't you read [aforementioned book]?

Me: Nope.

Them: But you quote Python...you understand irony and sarcasm.


So now I'm going to finish it and put an end to such banter. As I have been assured I would many times, I am really enjoying it.

Anyone else notice that this guy



and this guy



have the same name? Coincidence...or just the probability drive?

1 Comments:

At 12:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

probability drive, i'm sure. . .

be warned, the enjoyability of the books goes down exponentially after the 3rd one.

-Karyn

 

Post a Comment

<< Home