<

9.03.2005

Jesus is the Lord...of Rock!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm not sure who Harman Leon is (I'm sure a little research would reveal the answer, but I'm simply too lazy), but I am certain that him pretending to be a Christian speed metal guitarist, and then faking his way onto the Christian show Miracles Today is laugh out loud funny.

If all metal had lyrics this good, I think I might have become a fan:

And the sin goblins come,

And I smite them down

With the magical saber of Christ.

And he delivers me to salvation,

As we ride together on the back of a beautiful winged horse

Named Malachi.

Capture!

Rapture!

Give your soul to the master!

Smite the evildoers. Smite them. Smite them.

Crush the skull of Satan! Crush it! Crush it!

The host has a fixed smile on her face; she looks mildly confused. I clarify my presentation: "Now picture those lyrics backed by a grinding, headbanging, speed-metal guitar."

"Then, can you even hear the lyrics?" she asks.

I pause. In a perfect Spinal Tap moment of self-realization, I reply, "Um, well, not really. No."


Headbanging for Jesus!

see also: Metal for Jesus

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Of course, this naturally leads to...Faith + 1! (.wav files)

Don't ever leave me Jesus

Gold album

You know Jesus, I've been thinking a lot about you lately

AND FINALLY:

DZK - I found Jesus.

I wanna get down on my knees, and please Jesus
yes, cuz my man... Jesus needs it
get your salvation, all over my face

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home