<

9.14.2006

New York, please wait for me


"Don't jump! You have so much to live for!" - the Suicide Mission

Okay. A while ago I had an idea for a Guerilla Youth Theatre Troupe who would stage impromptu plays and such in public spaces, really for no apparent reason. The idea went the way of most of my ideas, that is to say nowhere, and I quickly forgot about it. When I heard about flash mobs the idea was renewed, but by then I was quickly souring on education and young people in general (terrible whippersnappers all), so I forgot about it again.

Then today I came across Improv Everywhere, a group operating out of New York who stage mass...missions. Just reading about their slow-motion shakedown of the Home Depot brings a tear to mine eye. And who hasn't wanted to ride the Skytrain without any pants? Am I right people?

And I must agree with the voters on the site - the Moebius Strip mission is definitely the most awesome thing to happen in a Starbucks ever. I can't even read the rest of the missions; I get too geeked up and want to throw myself through a law school window.

3 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger Sharon said...

"the ringer is set to loud and to 'The Entertainer'". 'Nuff said.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Voska Dour said...

I want taking off pants....can do without joining improv team ok?

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Will said...

Great links ... I'm way into all that subversive public acts of disruption stuff. At least, I'm in to reading about it - I never seem to actually play a part in it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home