<

6.06.2006

Way Back Wednesday

Ten years ago, there was nothing more important to me than playing Fake Plastic Trees. I played it all the damn time. It didn't matter that I couldn't hit the notes, or really strum properly - all that mattered was I had a guitar and was annoying everyone within ear shot.

As a fitting tribute to that moment of Thomas history, here are Thom Yorke and Johhny Greenwood performing said song at KOKO in Camden as a benefit for Friends of the Earth. Well worth the watch just to see Johnny do what Johnny does best - namely weird shit on the guitar.






A Tribe Called Quest represent represent. The ladies sweat the style...like the squirrels sweat the nuts. I take it as a sign of my continuing maturity that I now recognize the Quest as one of the greatest musical groups of all time. Just try and listen to these songs without bobbing your head.

A Tribe Called Quest - Check the Rhyme

A Tribe Called Quest - 1nce Again feat. Tammy Lucas

And while you're at, get nice and acquainted with the Quest produced Fu Schnickens. Don't know the Fu? Then you're not a true Fuschnick.

Fu Schnickens - True Fuschnick

If you don't like this song, you probably voted for Harper. And you eat babies. I'm just saying.

3 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Katie said...

"I'm just saying"? First it was the tree. Now this. I feel like SWF.

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Christine said...

oo! its tribe!! I havent listened to em for soooo long!

haha reminds me of good ol days

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehe... cwang... hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home