<

12.04.2005

Aka Miguel Sanchez, aka Dr. Nguyen Van Falk


It's times like these, when I am buried beneath the fickle bitching of the Supreme Court of Canada ("but it's MY turn to be Chief Justice!"), that I take comfort in the words of the late Phil Hartman's classic character, Attorney Lionel Hutz.

Hutz: Thank you, Dr. Hibbert. I rest my case.
Judge: You rest your case?
Hutz: What? Oh no, I thought that was just a figure of speech. CASE CLOSED.

****

Judge: Mr. Hutz we've been in here for four hours. Do you have any evidence at all?
Hutz: Well, Your Honor. We've plenty of hearsay and conjecture. Those are kinds of evidence.

****

That was a right-pretty speech, sir. But I ask you, what is a contract? Webster's defines it as "an agreement under the law which is unbreakable." Which is unbreakable! Excuse me, I must use the restroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home