<

7.21.2006

Wayback Wednesday - on a Friday


Yo - here it be. The sounds to send you into the weekend.


After an impromptu breakfast with the J-Hova (man, I can't believe I've known him that long and never called him that), I was reminded of the greatness that was the Leaders of the New School.

What's Next - Leaders of the New School (Kano-1 Remix)

Scenario - A Tribe Called Quest feat. Leaders of the New School

He also reminded me that you really needed to go back 15 years to get to the heyday of hiphop - the Golden Age as it were. I decided to dip back even further, 18 years, to call up this seminal anthem.

Public Enemy - Don't Believe the Hype

But it's time to be true to who I was back then, and the kind of music I was actually listening to. Which can mean only one thing - men with guitars, long hair, and plaid.

Stone Temple Pilots - Plush (acoustic)

Stone Temple Pilots - Big Bang Baby

Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart

Alice in Chains - No Excuses


BONUS TRACK:

The Contours - Do You Love Me?

Enjoy your weekend. VOSKA DOURS!

2 Comments:

At 5:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now this is a post that warms my heart...

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Will said...

To be honest as well, I didn't get into hip hop's golden age until after the fact. I, too, was heavy into the grunger (and the Britpop as well). Now they all fit together nicely for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home