<

7.05.2006

Wayback Wednesday


I've decided to set myself a blogging schedule, because having a blog just isn't geeked out enough. Ever since my Tyee column wrapped up I've been feeling a bit of a writing gap that simply writing about myself wasn't going to fill.

So from now on Wednesdays are going to be dedicated to music from my past, going back at least five years. Sundays will be photographs and Mondays are videos, or something, or nothing. Twice a week might be more than enough. And of course I'll occasionally rant or write about politics...no I won't. If you somehow stumbled here wanting someone's musings on law school, try here.

I used to have a friend named Chris. I say used to because he disappeared into the mountains of Coquitlam and was never heard from again. Now along with winning back to back Jack & Jack jives at the UVic Ballroom Dance Gala, Chris and I share another talent: we both know all the words to Young MC's seminal classic, Bust a Move. A heartfelt story of the search for young love, Bust a Move defined the early nineties until grunge rid the world of hip hop for about six months. (Or maybe hip hop imploded - MC Hammer anyone?) Unfortunately I found myself caught up in the whole Pearl Jam/Nirvana/Soundgarden wall of plaid, and it is only recently that I've rediscovered my love for songs that make the ladies get low.

So here's a little playlist of songs that make me forget I hate people and convince me that waiting in line to pay 20 bucks to dance maybe isn't so bad after all.

The Throw Dem Bows Mini Playlist

Young MC - Bust a Move

Coolio - 1,2,3,4

Notorious B.I.G. - Mo Money, Mo Problems feat. Mase

Jay-Z - Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)

Mark Morrison - Return of the Mack

Lil Jon - Get Low

Chamillionaire - Ridin Dirty

Ludacris - Stand Up

112 - Dance With Me

4 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Blogger Lawyerlike said...

Excuse me? Chamillionaire? You should be excommunicated from something for that.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Thomas said...

The song owns and you know it. It speaks directly to your experience as a white, middle-class office worker. Clearly you didn't listen to the song.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is actually the best post of all time

-Fraser

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Will said...

I thought of setting up a blog schedule for myself as well ... not geeky as well. Awesome songs - they will help me get through the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home